Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Has Finally Arrived

The past couple of weeks here the weather has been horrible.  It feels more like April than June!  It's rained or has been cool and overcast for most of the week.  Needless to say, I'm a little sick of it and I am longing for the summer hot weather.  Today, I finally got my wish.  It is going to be beautiful today...sunny and hot...just how I like it.  Since it was so nice this morning I decided to take the girls outside for breakfast and playing on the deck while they can still handle the level of heat the morning brings.  I was thinking about getting some pool time in at my parent's house, but my mom informed me that the water is FREEZING and this mamma ain't getting in no pool that's freezing.  But it is perfect lay out weather!  I'm pretty sure I haven't be able to lay out at a pool since before Ella was born!




I have so much to accomplish today as we are leaving for vacation tomorrow, but all I want to do is lay outside with a good book!  I am heading out for a run with my sister this afternoon.  She is training for her first half marathon and needs a running buddy of her long runs, of course I'm game!  So we have a 6 miler on the agenda for today.  With all of this on my plate I'm thinking lay around time is not gonna happen today!

No comments:

Post a Comment