Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Recipe and Me Teaching

Since the title of my blog is Somewhere in Between, I thought I should at least attempt to write about something other than my family--although I love them dearly.  On Monday night, as Sean was at yet another baseball game, I was stumped on what to make for dinner. I had only two requirements...since it was just me and the girls it had to be easy and something the girls would eat!  My sloppy joe's!  They are so so good and so very easy.  Here is the recipe:
 
Britni's Sloppy Joe's:

Ingredients/Shopping List:
1lb of ground beef, turkey, chicken, whatev (I typically use 93/7 or 96/4)
1/8 -1/4 cup of brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons of yellow mustard
1-2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1-2 teaspoons of onion powder
S and P to taste

Directions:
Brown the meat and add all spices
Add mustard, stir
Add brown sugar, stir
Let simmer on low for 5ish minutes and taste add more of whatev  :)
I just realized I left out the garlic powder and salt in this picture!  Wow, I need some work on this posting of recipe's...


I just eyed the mustard in this picture.  I stir it in and then taste it and add more if needed.
 
All finished and ready to devour!
I literally eye this recipe.  It was hard for me to even come up with exact measurements.  You cannot mess it up!  Also, if you are not a yellow mustard fan, this dish is still for you!  My husband hates mustard, well any condiment really, and he love these!  I usually serve these on hamburger buns or sandwich thins with a veggie and potato...green beans and tator tots--sometimes a salad.  My kiddos will usually add a fruit of some sort to their meal--applesauce, fruit cup, berries...This is the easiest thing ever to make and everyone loves it!! 

And because I don't talk about my teaching job enough on here...we are nearing the end of the school year--only two more Monday's.  The other day in Accounting I was doing some practice problems on the board and I always have one student sit at my desk to work the computer.  Well, on this very crazy spring day my student took my phone and decided to take a billion selfies, so that was a fun surprise that I didn't know about until way later!  But they did manage to snap a picture of me in action!  Teaching adjustments and looking good! :) 

There you have it...I do actually teach! :)


Have a good rest of the week!  We can push through, it's almost Friday people!  We got this!
 
 
Talk soon,
 
Britni


No comments:

Post a Comment