Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Weekend Recap on Wednesday!

Hello there!  Wow, what a week we've had already and it's only Wednesday.  We had a great, but busy weekend and it doesn't look like the craziness is going to let up anytime soon. 

On Friday night Sean had a baseball makeup game that came up out of the blue and we already had plans to attend First Friday's (an art show downtown) at one of our friends work.  Since I already had my mom babysitting the girls, I went ahead and went with Brook by myself.  Her husband, Anthony met us there from the airport.  It was a really good time and fun to hang out and drink wine--but not too much fun because I was scheduled to run a 10k the next day!  :)

Hsd so much fun hanging out with this lady on Friday night!
Shopping around in the art district!  Found these really cool sunglasses...may have had a couple glasses of wine.


The 10K I ran on Saturday morning went well.  I was tired and not feeling great, and to be honest, it took me a good 2 miles to really warm up, but in the end it turned out alright.  I ran the entire race with my friend Kerri and thank goodness for her to keep me going!  We ended up finishing first and second in our age group with a time right around 51 and half minutes.  That ends up being about an 8:14 minute mile pace and let me tell ya that was tough to maintain towards the end!  
 
Here we are after the race, thankful it is over!
 


Saturday night, we BBQ'ed at my friend Brook's house. It was gorgeous out so the kids played outside all night long.  My girls were exhausted (and stinky) by the time we finally pakced up to head home.  We grilled brats, chicken breasts, veggies and corn.  I made strawberry shortcakes for dessert and they were a huge hit with the kiddos.  I ALWAYS forget to snap pictures on my food...

 














They played forever in that car!  They LOVE taking turns driving eachother around...Ella like a grandma and Hudson like a madman! :)
 
 
On Sunday, we had small group at our church and it was our turn to provide the meal!  I love preparing food for people and we decided on a sandwich tray, fresh fruit, a summer capreese salad and chips.  For dessert I made a couple of pans of brownies, one with walnuts and one without!  By the time we made it home from church both girls were exhausted!  After very long afternoon naps we went to dinner with my dad at Roadhouse.  A good way to end my weekend...with a steak and quality time with daddio!  Won't ever hear me complain about that! :)
 
Hope you had a good weekend, friends!
 
Talk soon,
Britni
 

No comments:

Post a Comment