Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Crazy End To The Week

Hi there!  It's been awhile....

On Thursday I took a group of students on a field trip to the Microsoft Store.  They put on a pretty cool workshop for high school students about their products and marketing strategy.  The best part of the day though, (for both me and the students) was getting to eat lunch at the food court in the mall!  Why is the food court so good?  I was also able to shop a little after lunch before we had to be back for the afternoon session.  Overall, it was a great day and the students loved it.  They were even able to play Dance Central on XBox in the middle of the mall!


The kids spent a good hour playing competing against each other in Dance Central--they were unable to get me to participate despite their best efforts.  For anyone who has seen me dance, you understand this...  :)

On Friday at school we had no students, but I still had to work.  :(  It was a really busy day of teacher meetings and I didn't have a second to post.  On Friday night, Sean and I had a date night.  We haven't had a date night since Feb. 15th when we went to the Zach Brown Band Concert for Valentine's Day.  This was long over due.  My mom watched the girls and they had a blast a nani's house--mainly because she feeds them whatever they want and they usually get a four course (at least) meal for dinner!  She's no slouch in the food arena.  Sean and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner--if I'm going to be a serious blogger (ha!) I must begin to remember to take pictures of my food!  We also went and saw the movie "42".  It was a good one, we both really liked the movie and highly recommend it!

This morning I was able to sleep in a little--until 7:50 am!  I fed the girls breakfast and headed out on a run!  I accomplished a 5.6 mile run today in a little under 50 minutes,  I think it ended up being about an 8:55 mile pace if I did my calculations correctly--which I probably didn't.  :)  After showering incredibly fast and feeding the girls a quick snack Sean headed to his double header and I took the  girls to meet some friends at Cosmic Jump.  I had a free jump coupon that I've had since Valentine's Day and we finally used it!  It was a blast and my girls are taking a nice afternoon naps right now because it wore them out!  We let the kids jump and play for about 45 minutes and then an enormous church group came in and we decided that was our cue to head  to lunch.

 Later we found out they were breaking all kinds of rules by climbing up the blue mat...apparently they were supposed to stay on the actual trampoline...Ella was leading the climbing charge, of course!

 Is she actually going to jump?

Ella's got air!  Future basketball star like her Mama?--I think so.  :)

 Mia with her buddy Bradley.  (He's only a few months older than her--If my friend Brook and I have control over it, they WILL get married!


Those balls are heavy (I know--TWSS).  Mia would not put them down.  :)

Tonight, I'm hoping Sean takes me to get my new IPhone...I've been so patiently waiting and tonight might be the night--get ready for some high quality photos people!  Hope you are having a great weekend so far!  We are enjoying every minute of the weather--sunshine finally!

Talk soon,
Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment