Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I LOVE Drug Store Make Up

It's such a fun feeling when I go into the drug store (sans kids) and can shop for make up!  I love just browsing around and looking at all of the new stuff.  It's like I'm in high school again!  On Wednesdays at school I have an extra long lunch break because of the way the schedule works out, so I took a trip over to Walgreens to get some new mascara.  I always like to try new products, so this time I went with a Revlon mascara--not usually my go to brand, but it was buy one get one 50% off today, so I went for it!  We shall see how that decision turns out tomorrow morning! :)

I hope you had a great end of the weekend and beginning of the week.  Our weekend shaped up quite nicely  with some beautiful weather!  On Sunday, I went for an incredibly long run with my friend Ryan.  We are quickly training for a half marathon coming up in a couple of weeks (and when I say we--I mean I pressured her into doing it with me).  We ran 8 miles on a trail by my house and it wasn't too bad.  There were a couple of icky hills that we walked, but over all a pretty good run!  This weekend I have 10 miles on the books, so we shall see how that goes...Ryan has a daughter the same age as Ella and they are so cute together.  Ryan brought some of Madden's shoes that she's outgrown over for Ella.  Ella was so excited and wanted to wear Madden's ruby red slippers all day!

Here she is bright and early with the slippers on PJ's and all...the smile is ridiculous.  


After my run, and while Mia napped, Ella and I got pedicures.  With all of this running I've been doing lately my feet needed it!
 She was so excited to sit in the big chair and soak her feet like mommy!  Adorable!

 The finished product, with flowers!

My finished product...glorious!


After our pedi's I cleaned the house and ran to the store to grab some grillin' grub for dinner.  My dad (Grandpa Chris or Daddio as he is better known at our house) came over to play with the girls and eat dinner with us.  Both of my girls adore my dad--like seriously love him to death--probably because they can boss him around and he does whatever their little hearts want.  :)  Sean grilled burgers and corn for us while grandpa Chris played in the yard with the girls.  This beautiful weather (minus Tuesday) is making me want to be outside all the time.


 One of Ella's favorite things to do is swing.  She could literally swing all day.  We had to drag her in to eat dinner.


As you can see, Mia is quite the swinger as well.  Check out the photo bomb by Ella and Grandpa Chris in the corner....They are crazy!

It was back to school on Monday with our regular Monday routine.  Grandma (Sean's mom) watches the girls on Mondays.  It's so great to have her come to our house so the girls can sleep in a little....sometimes.  :)    This past Monday though was a little out of the ordinary.  Mia took a head dive into the coffee table (it's leather, but she must have hit it just right) and got a pretty good cut on her eyebrow.  After a few hours in the ER on Monday she was good as new...sort of.  Luckily they didn't have to stitch it, they used the glue stuff.  She still screamed her head off in the ER and wanted nothing to do with those crazy people.  She screamed so much that the second they finished and I picked her up she fell asleep on my shoulder--before we even left the hospital!  It didn't help that this whole fiasco happened during nap time.  I'm pretty sure I (and grandma) was more traumatized than Mia.  She was back to her old self after her nap!  Ella freaked out a little as well...worried about her little sister.  Head wounds bleed so much, that I think all the blood freaked her out just a little.  Now, she keeps showing everyone Mia's ouchie!  It's really cute!

Look at that sad little face.  This was before the glue...it looks much better now!


The rest of the week has been pretty normal for us...let's hope it stays that way.  I did wake up early this morning for a HIIT Treadmill Workout that kicked my butt, so I will be going to bed early tonight!  

Happy hump day--almost to the weekend!

Talk soon,
Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment