Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ella's First Soccer Practice Game

Ella had her first ever soccer game last Wednesday.  Since I haven't blogged in foreve' you wouldn't know this...Not that I'm complaining, but this time of year (ehh, hem) baseball season and the end of the school year is crazy!  I feel like I'm a single parent most days which makes me exhausted.  By the time I work all day and come home, attempt to squeeze in a run so I don't totally suck at this half marathon, run my kids to whatever activity I've signed them up for at the time, bath them and put them to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open, let alone write a blog post.  Oh yea, and I feed them too--I see I left that out!  So I've decided not to lose sleep over it and just blog when I can...with that being said I have some major catching up to do.  So here goes...

Ella's first soccer game.  They practice for the first part of the time and then scrimmage for the second part.  She picked out her cleats, shin guards and socks at the store---all pink, of course.  She liked it pretty well, but we've learned she needs to get more aggressive, so we're working on that.

She did score her first goal and couldn't wait to come over and tell us all about it!

She also did a whole lot of this...we are working on being more aggressive! :)
Last Saturday Sean had baseball practice and then he stained a deck for most of the afternoon so I took the girls to our friend Jensen's 3rd birthday party at Monkey Bizness.  That place is such a blast for my kids.  Ella loves playing there and is pretty much old enough/big enough to conquer all of the obstacles courses and climbing things they offer.  Mia, on the other hand, is brave enough, but not strong enough to conquer all of this yet, so she needs some assistance, and when daddy is at baseball that assistance comes from mommy!  Needless to say, I was working up a sweat helping Mia on all of the activities.
These crazy kids at the birthday party!  Mia just want to be apart of the action!

Love it when these two play together!
 After the party we headed to Subway (Ella's favorite place--no joke) for an on the go lunch as we drove to Ottawa to see my sister play in her last home softball game.  It just happens that it was the pink game and my mom threw out the first pitch with a couple of other ladies who have battled (and won!) the fight against breast cancer.  It was gorgeous out, so that was fun! 



Since I started this blog post a week ago and am just now getting around to finishing it, I can't remember what else I was going to write about, so I'll leave it here for now. 

I am getting closer to my half marathon and will be so glad when I'm not a slave to my running workouts anymore.  I've been noticing that people have been posting on fitness blogs/websites that their running times are getting faster and they are doing less actual running, more HIIT and strength.  So I think after this half I'm going to give that a try and see how it goes.  It can't hurt to switch it up a bit.  Looking for a new challenge...not sure what it's going to be yet, but I'm on the hunt!


And I leave you with a picture of today's quick workout--not my fastest, but not too shabby either.

Praise Jesus that tomorrow is HUMP day!  I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment