Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Recap

It seems like every weekend in April is gonna be busy for us!  I love that the weather is getting nice and that our weekends are busy with fun things to do, but when Monday rolls around again, I start to feel ill prepared for a long week of school and activities.  Here's our weekend in a nutshell.

On Friday after school I met my mom at the car dealership.  She got a new car!  She hasn't had a new car for 18 years and she is so excited to not be driving a minivan!  So far she is loving her new wheels and I couldn't be happier for her!


On Friday evening my mom watched the girls and Sean and I met some friends for dinner at the best place on the planet--Jack Stack BBQ. I totally forgot to snap a pic...

Saturday was pretty low key.  I took Ella to get new soccer gear because her first game is Wednesday and then we ran to the grocery store. Sean had baseball and then helped his parents clean out his great uncle's basement so he was gone for the morning and afternoon.  While the kiddo's napped I was able to get a workout in, I took Thursday and Friday off last week, so it was nice to sweat it out on Saturday.  I did 9 x 400's and then a Fitness Blender arm work and a 7 minute ab workout.  It was nice to workout alone in the basement while the kids napped.  Almost therapeutic....

The cutest little "Flower Pots".  Wafer cookies, crushed up oreos and jelly beans, a little icing to hold it all together and viola- a craft that even my two year old can do! :)

The best I could do getting them pose with their "flower pots".  This was a fun and delicious end to our grocery store shopping. 

Once Sean got home we got ready and headed to my BFF Brook's house for dinner and Easter egg dying.  Our other friend was in town from Tulsa, so it was so fun to catch up with Lauren and her sweet family.  The kids had a blast playing and dying eggs!  Brook always hosts such fun get together's. 

Best friends snuggle time!  Watching TV in Aunt Brook's bed!

We've been friends for a l-o-n-g time! 

The future Mr. and Mrs. Bradley Boyer...Mia Boyer--Has a nice ring to it! :)



The best we could get...the photobombs are outrageous!

Smurf hand Mia...she couldn't get that egg out of the blue dye with that stupid wire stick thing, so she just stuck her hand in and grabbed it.  She's puzzeled as to why her hand is blue....
Sunday morning arrived early for me as I was scheduled to run 11 miles in the Brew to Brew race.  It's a relay race that begins at the Blvd. Brewery downtown and ends at the Free State Brewery in Lawrence.  My friend Ryan and I took the 2nd and 3rd legs and ran together as part of our training for the upcoming half marathon we are running in a couple of weeks.  The atmosphere at this race is totally chill and there are so many people and things to look at that I didn't really get bored while I was running! Plus, the weather was perfect and there was no wind--a win in my book! 

 
Here we are after our 11 mile run!  So glad that's over with! :)
After my legs of the race, Sean and the girls picked me up because I had to hustle home and get ready for our church small group.  By the time we finally made it home from church it was after 2:30--the girls were cranky and needed and a nap and so did I!  Family nap times are the best!  After nap time, I did a bit of laundry and tried to clean straighten the house a bit for the week.  We ordered pizza and wings for dinner because no one felt like cooking in our house!  After dinner we bathed the girls and watched the ACM's.  I stayed up way too late (once again) and am feeling pretty tired to start this Monday!

Hope you had a good weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment