Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Very Long Weekend

Warning:  This is an extremely long post due to an extremely long weekend!

This weekend was crazy busy for us!  Most of it was consumed with Ella's dance recital. (Thank God that's over!)   She had a blast, though, and was so darn cute, it made all of the practices worth it to watch her up on stage! :)

Friday was my last official day at school.  We had to "check out", but I did most of my checking out on Thursday so I brought the kids up to play around in my classroom for a bit.  They love to play with tape and markers and pound on the keyboards in my room.  Plus, all of my teacher friends like to see them too!!  On Friday night we headed to Lawrence for Ella's recital rehearsal.  I was totally dreading this, but I must admit it could have been worse.  We were in and out in about an hour!  After rehearsal, we headed to dinner with some friends and then to Scooters to get FroYo!  My all time favorite!!  When we got home I threw the girls in the bath tub and put them to bed...we had some exceptionally late nights this weekend and the girls are feeling it this morning!

Last day of school with our 3rd hour aides!

Lunch at Olive Garden on Friday!  She plowed some bread sticks.  This kid can eat!







On Saturday morning, I had every intention to get up and go for a run, but I had to run a few errands before the recital and I didn't get it in.  Boo!  The recital took most of the afternoon, and after the recital we headed to dinner with my in laws and then home. I decided that I should probably get that run in, so while everyone else in my neighborhood was out Barbecuing and having parties (I'm a little jealous, can you tell?) I went for a run.  It was not a particularly good run, but I got 4 miles in and I am content with that on a not so good day.







On Sunday  we headed to the Royals game with some friends and the kids had a blast!  We played in the outfield more than we actually watched the game.  When we got home the girls slept until 7 pm, which put a damper on bedtime on Sunday night! Sean and I rented "Parental Guidance" On Demand and it wasn't that great.  Some funny parts, but overall not my fave movie.




We finally had a relaxing day on Monday.  We stayed home for most of the day and headed to Sean's parents house for steaks on the grill for dinner.  Sean's dad (Grandpa Race) got a new grill and I must admit he did really well for the first time using it!  The steaks were delicious!  I made a strawberry jello cake for dessert--my signature summer dessert!  The girls played in the yard at my in laws and had a blast.

 Mia's first experience with sand...she only tried to eat it once


 Nice photo bomb, honey



 It was a great way to end the crazy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment