Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Mother's Day To Me!

In T-minus 2 days I will be running my first half marathon.  I've trained fairly well for this, but have only done long runs for the past four weeks, and the longest I've run is 10 miles.  I'm really nervous as I don't know what to expect from the course, but I am praying it is not hilly!  I don't have any real goals as to the amount of time I would like to finish in, I just want to finish!  I did get an early Mother's Day gift to help with my race...a new Garmin.  I've already ran with it a few time and it is wonderful!  How did I ever run without it?



This is my time from my run last Sunday (my last long run before the race).  Not too bad.  Although  I ran 6 miles on Tuesday morning and my pace was well over 10 minutes.  Not sure why that is, although I did feel pretty good on Sunday, I can't believe I was that bad on Tuesday.  We shall see, but I was a little disappointed in my six mile time and how I felt.  My legs were dead.  I'm resting my legs for the rest of the week in hopes of being ready to go on Saturday!


After the race on Saturday, we have a crazy busy weekend with birthday parties, Sean's baseball banquet and Mother's Day festivities.

Talk soon,
Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment