Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ella's Last Day of School

I took Ella to school today.  It was her last day of preschool for the year.  I was surprisingly composed today.  No tears were shed...this is huge for me!  I am a little sad that my baby is growing up so fast, but also excited for the summer and what is to come for her!  Here a few comparison pictures -first day of preschool vs. last day of preschool.  She hasn't changed too much I don't think! :)

 Ella's first day of preschool--September 2012

Ella's last day of preschool--May 2013

Ella's teacher's this year were fantastic.  She learned so much beyond what I could have ever taught her and they did it with patience and love.  I feel truly blessed that Ella was fortunate enough to be in their class!  They made school fun every single day. They were creative and energetic and they truly instilled a love of learning in her.  As an educator, I understand the importance of having fun while learning and making learning meaningful for students, and they accomplished this with three year olds...amazing! I am so grateful for this.  I know Ella will always have fond memories of her time spent in the purple room.

Mrs. Dalbey and Ella-Last day of school 2013

Mrs. Schnell and Ella-Last day of school 2013

I did something Pinterest inspired and bought a copy of Dr. Seuss'  "Oh, the Places You'll Go" for Ella's teachers to sign for her.  It is my hope to do this every year, at least through elementary school, and then maybe have her favorite middle and high school teachers sign it as well. I plan to give it to her as a high school graduation present.  I think this is something she will really enjoy looking back on.  :)  Hopefully I can remember to do this every year!

 Ella's teacher's made a memory book for each student with pictures and artwork from the year.  It is awesome!  What a great memory she will have!

  
We made it through another school year successfully for all!  We cherish our time off in the summer and are ready to have some fun this summer traveling and swimming!  Lot's of pictures to come!

Talk soon,
Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment