Wednesday, May 29, 2013

DZ Reunion

Many people don't know this (oh wait, if you knew me in college you totally knew this!) that I was a Delta Zeta at William Jewell College.  Joining the sorority was the BEST decision I made in college and I have lifelong best friends because of it.   People have mixed emotions about sororities and my personal opinion is that they are NOT for everyone, but they sure are fun!!  I stay in contact with all most of my sorority sisters via facebook, instagram and email, and we get together occasionally as well to catch up.  Last night was one of those get together's and it was a blast!

One of my sorority sisters is moving to San Francisco this week to start her new job as a doctor.  She graduated last week with her MD in internal medicine and is off to start her career in SF....so jealous!  On their way to SF they stopped home in MO to visit family, so we planned a little impromptu get together to send her off!  We met at one of our favorite college pizza spots and it was great to see everyone!  We brought kiddos and spouses along too so it was fun to see everyone's family.  Sean couldn't make it as he was finishing up painting a house, but I brought the girls with me.  They did awesome! It was great night of catching up and it reminded me of the good ole' college days that I miss so much!  With all the kids and craziness I wasn't able to snap any pictures from last night, but I did include some fun oldies from college!

 Before "Campus Sing" Homecoming Event

 My Pledge Class at a beginning of the year kick off--senior year of college--Sept. 2005

 At a recruitment event

 Sorority pictures

 At "Shin Dig" my senior year.  Basically, a drunken barn dance...

At the DZ "Smartie Party" for maintaining good grades...even while going to drunken barn dances  :)

More recently at our roommates' wedding, love these girls!





No comments:

Post a Comment